Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Four Dresses and a Wedding

Rafa and I are forces to be reckoned with whenever we enter a shopping mall. The other day, we entered the Jersey Gardens outlet mall with every intention of buying one (1) dress for myself and one (1) white dress shirt for him. It's for my cousin's daughter's wedding that we are attending next month.

I came out with four dresses, not all for the wedding mind you (I'm not going to do wardrobe changes a la Madonna circa Blonde Ambition Tour), and Rafa came out with said dress shirt, plus a $45 tie from Brooks Brothers. Oh, my gorgeous metrosexual. He also got a Ben Sherman wallet, a Ben Sherman newsboy cap (my little Brad Pitt!), and loads of other things he didn't need... but I really didn't need three out of the four dresses either, but they are fabulous!

Dress 1:

BCBG Max Azria -- kind of gypsy-ish meets bohemian sexy number with a 'scarf'?? I believe a 'scarf' is what the crazy kids are calling that flap of fabric that kind of flaps around -- erm, Rafa thought it distracting. I thought it fabulous. BTW, THIS is the dress for the wedding. Here's an Ebay pic of the same dress. NB: It's priced over $200 on Ebay and in retail. I got it for $60. Yeah!

Dress 2:

Bebe Outlet -- kind of crochet sweater dress with short sleeves - funky turquoise which I don't usually do, but why not?! It has pockets too at the bottom, which I just love. In the fitting room, it didn't seem see-through, but now logic proves since the friggin' dress is actually entirely knitted, it is indeed see-through. I wore it to work today, but was very discreet in my underthings. ;) At least the holes in the dress will be good for those hot summer days. LOL. Here's another Ebay pic - FYI, I do not look like a hoochie mama like this woman does.. sheesh! Push-up bra much?! The seller on Ebay is selling it for a starting bid of $60. I got the dress for $20 at Bebe itself. Yeah x2!



Dress 3:

I'm really excited about this one. I think the brand is Velvet Torch, which I haven't heard of before, but for $20, I'm not one to complain. It's a double V neck dress! Fabulous. It covers up the parts you don't want people seeing, and emphasizes the ones you don't mind people seeing. I got mine in black, but here are similar pics of the back and front. I don't believe mine has a tie at the back, but I'm blanking now.



Dress 4:

This is a simple summer dress from Abercrombie & Fitch. It was an impulse purchase because it's A&F and it was only $20. I have a thing about Abercrombie. When I was a teenager, it was the coolest brand to wear. Of course, not having my own money, I could never afford it. I remember going to a store, though, once, and finding a really marked down white peasant shirt. I loved it. I wore it all the time knowing I'M wearing Abercrombie & Fitch. A&F is still kind of costly, but you could get really good deals at an oulet. The dress I got is similar to the below, but it was blue... Very soft cotton. The dress I will probably be wearing the most this summer. The kind that looks great at work and equally great at Sunday brunch 'in the city'. :) Sort of like my pink madras shoes.

No comments: