Saturday, November 10, 2007

Darwin would not approve.

I'm starting to feel like the last someone-like-me in the world... A unique woman, a woman not like anyone else. With the cooler temperatures, the boots have come out. Not the clunky boots. The sexy, knee-high boots, that every woman seems to have a pair of. They have become a new characteristic of the 21st century woman. But, it is a characteristic I am lacking. I don't wear knee-high boots. I can't wear knee-high boots. I can't even wear mid-calf boots. I'm a freak. A big freakishly large-calved freak.

I always knew I was big-calved. Every Fall I try on boots hoping my calves had miraculously shrunk over the Summer, but they never did. And then, of course, I blame my genes. My dad has big calves. I have big calves. But he's a man. He doesn't have men all around him wearing boots he could never hope to fit into. Thinking about it now, what on earth do men have to worry about? Their fashion hardly ever changes. What, a new cut in their pants?! Come on! With all that time that is free from worrying, you'd think men would remember to take out the garbage. Hmmmn!

But back to my freakishness. I think part of it is my dad, and the other part, I'm short! The length between my heel and my knee is not as long as other people. So, my calf starts a lot sooner than a taller person's calf. I think I just need to get over it, which is really the purpose of this post. I'm not meant to wear these boots. I'll schlepp around in my pseudo UGGs and be happy.

A coworker of mine mentioned you could pay people to stretch out your boots... So what, I'll queue up with the rest of the undesirables? Yes, please, stretch out my boot so I could look like a normal person?! But really, I'm just too lazy. Taking action is hard. Bitching and being lazy is a lot easier. Which pretty much sums me up. A lazy 4'11" wannabe diva with a smaller bum now, but with calves that won't budge.

No comments: