Friday, November 16, 2007

Just really good food.

After the exciting book signing, that wasn't really, I was in the mood for something comforting, something familiar. I felt sad and vulnerable, and just wanted to go to dinner with my honey. Someplace I knew that would be good. Really good food.

We got into a cab (which we never do!), and went a few blocks uptown to Cafe Orlin. I love this place. I've gone to brunch here on a few lazy Sundays. They have unbelievable brunch food. The menu is the Mediterranean I am familiar with and love, but also other delicious things that just beg to be ordered. I've never gone there for dinner, and couldn't wait to see what the menu would offer.

Rafa and I sat in the raised part of the restaurant, looking at the other diners down below, through arched windows. I had one of the best ravioli dishes I've ever had -- Mushroom Ravioli in a Basil Cream Sauce. Rafa had Grilled Hanger Steak served with watercress and streak frites in a port wine sauce. It was a lovely environment. I felt happy being there. On a date, in the city. We don't do it often. I had steamed milk with sugar and vanilla as my dessert. A sweet end to a lovely meal.

Cafe Orlin
41 Saint Marks Place
Btwn 1st & 2nd Ave
New York, NY 10003

Phone: 212-777-1447

No comments: