Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Sweater Dress

The sweater dress. It's fabulous. I love fashion again. I love being stylish. Finally a look that I could actually pull off.

Sweater dresses are forgiving. And because I'm short, and a lot of sweaters nowadays are actually quite long, pretty much every sweater can become a sweater dress for me. I didn't usually wear dresses. It also never seemed a smart thing to wear on cold winter nights. But now dresses are sweaters. Sweaters are dresses. I could wear them with black tights. My short legs look longer. I am cheeky in my short, short, sweater dress.

This is a defining moment in my life. It's the first time in my life that I actually care what I look like, and getting dressed in the morning is usually kind of fun.

Thank you to the fashion gods. Finally a trend I could be alright with.

I get really cute sweater dresses at H&M. It's actually a bit scary how inexpensive the clothing is there. I'm pretty sure that some poor people are getting horribly underpaid in some area of the world so that I could have a fashionable sweater dress for $14.90. I'll be very happy to elaborate on this point but I'm too unintelligent and too shallow to continue. Hey, at least I'm honest!

No comments: