Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Good Girls Tuck In Their Shirts


Maybe it's a Russian thing, but my family is obsessed with having our shirts tucked into everything! I am pretty sure our parents did it with us, and now my sister's in-laws are doing it to Liam too. It was so uncool for so long, but now, it's suddenly cool. On professional women, that is.

I started noticing this trend a couple of years ago. Really skinny bitches with absolutely no hips or waists, would wear long skinny pants, for their long skinny bitchy legs, and they would tuck in their button-down shirts into those pants. Even though I thought these women were bitchy in their skinniness, part of me wanted to be like them. I couldn't tuck in my shirts, because doing so would restrain my breathing even more. It was hard enough to wear pants that didn't sink into my skin, creating the perfect indentation of a button on my third breast.

But, haha, I can wear my shirts tucked into my pants now. And the reason I could do this is not because I am buying pants now that actually fit me. It is because the pants that created that perfect button indentation are now two sizes too big. I've become a skinny bitch! Ok, now, I'm not a skinny bitch. I haven't had one of those stomach stapling things and am now a size 0 that pushes tomatoes around on a salad plate. I've become someone closely resembling what I used to look like.... and I think I'm liking this shirt tucked in thing. I've resisted writing a 'ooh-look-at-how-skinny-I-am' post for a long time. For two reasons. One, I really haven't lost an enormous amount of weight, comparably. Two, my weight doesn't define me - but it does make me feel awesome that a bit of it is finally off. And that part makes me fear I'm shallow. But, let's face it, I'm shallow. No use hiding it any longer! I've lost close to 15 pounds, and I am feeling like a rock star!!! Woohoo, but not the rock stars that snort heroin. I promise I'm not snorting heroin!

No comments: